As District One County Commissioner, I promise to use the power of my office to be the Leader that Listens. My agenda in office includes the following:
1. Restore Burlington Station as the cultural and economic downtown of East Knox County,
2. Harness the potential for Knoxville College to resume its traditional role providing higher education to people of color.
3. Build housing in East Knoxville within the economic reach of working people.
4. Invest in Knox County Schools by
- improving education in the trades
- creating a mentoring program to link our youth with successful professionals in our community
- placing a mental health counselor at every school to support our youth
- promoting traditional and cultural literacy in the classroom